Every person wants to look slim and fit. People who are overweight also try a lot to reduce it. Some people have a habit, they avoid doing physical exertion. This leads to weight gain. Now in this busy life, not everyone gets time to do the gym for hours. In such a situation, you can also lose weight through yoga. It can be an easy way to lose weight. If you want to lose weight, then you can also take the help of these Yoga Mudra for Weight Loss. They are beneficial in reducing obesity. You can do these anywhere.
How Yoga Mudra works
It has been scientifically proven that hand poses have various health benefits apart from weight loss. They say that in mudra formation when the hands and fingers are put together in a predetermined manner, prana force or energy is generated which helps in curing various ailments along with aiding in weight loss.
The logic behind yoga postures is that the five elements are associated with our five fingers, so practicing yoga mudras or hand gestures regularly can yield many health benefits.
When we move the finger according to the mudra in a predetermined way, it activates that specific organ which eliminates various health problems like sugar, high blood pressure, mental illnesses, weight-related issues, heart problems, etc.
Also Read ⬇️ ⬇️
What does Each Finger Mean in Yoga?
Let us know which finger is associated with which element-
- Thumb – Agni (fire)
- Index finger – Air
- Median – Sky
- Ring finger – Earth
- Pinky finger or little finger – Water
Let us know about the yoga posture related to these five fingers to lose weight.
Top 7 Yoga Mudras for weight loss
Below are some yoga mudra for weight loss, by which you can easily reduce your increased weight, let’s know about that yoga Mudras-
- Surya-Agni Mudra
- Gyan Mudra
- Prithvi Mudra
- Prana Mudra
- Vayu Mudra
- Kapha Nashak Mudra
- Linga Mudra
1. Surya-Agni Mudra
Surya mudra or Agni mudra traditionally represents the element of fire. This mudra keeps the fire energy active in the body and helps in maintaining the fire balance in the body. By doing mudras, the fingers make a connection, due to which energy flows in the body.
Due to poor digestive systems, many people have to face difficulties in losing weight. In such a situation, this mudra increases the metabolism and by practicing it regularly, the weight also starts decreasing.
How to do Surya Mudra:
- First sit up straight.
- Move the ring finger towards the palm of the hand and connect it with the thumb.
- Place your hands on your thighs and knees and remain in this position.
- In the meantime, you can meditate.
- This mudra is to be done at intervals of 15 minutes for 45 minutes each day.
- Surya mudra is more beneficial if practiced during the day.
2. Gyan Mudra
As the name suggests, Gyan Mudra is also known as the Mudra of Knowledge. Gyan mudra is known to improve the concentration of the mind. It helps in performing physical and mental functions in a better way. Lack of sleep is often considered a major cause of weight gain(1), doing Gyan Mudra relieves insomnia and promotes a natural sleep cycle.
How to do Gyan Mudra:
- Laying a rug on the ground, sit up straight with a cross.
- Keep your back straight and close your eyes. Now, touch the tip of the index finger with the tip of the thumb while the other fingers remain outside.
- Now place the palms on the knees and do this posture for 30 minutes.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
3. Prithvi Mudra
Prithvi Mudra awakens the earth element by reducing the fire element in the body to lose weight, hence it is also called Agni sedative mudra, it strengthens your body and reduces fatigue. Keeping the balance of the
Minerals, this is a good yoga mudra for weight loss.
How to do Prithvi Mudra:
- First of all, sit in a clean place in Sukhasana
- you can also sit in Padmasana for this posture
- keep both hands on the knees like his sun posture
- Then you tip the tip of your ring finger With the tip of your thumb and keep all your fingers straight.
You can do this mudra anytime and any time, but it is more beneficial to do Prithvi mudra in the morning, you should do it for 24 minutes daily.
4. Prana Mudra
Prana mudra is a very important mudra. this mudra is very beneficial for reducing weight, “Prana” means life or energy, Prana mudra intensifies the root chakra of our body, which increases the level of fire element and energy in our body, It improves the health of the eyes along with it helps in reducing fatigue and insomnia. This mudra helps a lot to increase self-confidence.
How to do Prana Mudra:
- First, sit down in the Sukhasana
- keep your backbone straight
- Place your hands on your knees
- Then the little finger of your hand and the finger near the ring finger with the tip of the thumb, and keep the other two fingers straight
- keep your breath normal and concentrate.
5. Vayu Mudra
Vayu mudra is associated with the air element. It is essential for the body to keep itself active with Vayu properties, which help in improving the nervous system in the body. This mudra, when practiced correctly, helps in reaching a higher level of self-awareness and consciousness. By doing this pose with the mind, it becomes easier to control weight and cut down on fat effectively.
How to do Vayu Mudra:
- Sit on the floor in a ventilated place.
- To begin the process keep the spine straight and close the eyes.
- Now bend your index and middle finger towards the palm and connect them with the thumb.
- Apply some pressure and stay in this position.
- Practice this mudra for 15-20 minutes daily to feel the positive effects of Vayu Mudra.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
6. Kapha Nashak Mudra
Our body has three natures: Vata, Pitta and Kapha. Kapha represents the element earth, and with increasing weight, the body starts producing more Kapha. The purpose of Kapha Nashak Mudra is to remove excess Kapha elements from the body and to strike a balance between all other elements. This mudra improves the gastrointestinal system by increasing metabolic activity through the generation of Agni.
How to do Kapha Nashak Mudra:
- Sit in a comfortable position with your eyes closed.
- Bend the ring finger and little finger towards the palm and join them with the thumb.
- Remain in this position for as long as it is comfortable for you.
- Practice this mudra for 30-45 minutes daily.
- Do it for 15 minutes to feel the full benefits of the pose.
7. Linga Mudra
Ling Mudra is practiced exclusively to increase the heat in the body. Excess fat stored in the body is melted and destroyed. this is a good yoga mudra for weight loss.
How to do Linga Mudra:
- First of all, by laying a mat on the ground, sit on it in Padmasana or Siddhasana, keeping in mind that your spine is straight.
- Now interlock the fingers of both your hands, keep one thumb straight and make a circle by bringing the other thumb straight from behind the thumb.
- Make breathing normal while keeping your eyes closed.
- Keep your mind focused on your breathing rate and posture.
- And should remain in this state for at least 16 minutes.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
Practicing these mudras and following the previously mentioned way of life tips can go far in keeping the body and brain healthy, and furthermore helping you arrive at your weight reduction objectives.
- Top 5 Powerful Yoga Mudra For Heart
- Ashwini Mudra: Secrets that You Will Want To Know.
- Varun Mudra and its benefits