Hopefully you will be doing Anulom-vilom Pranayama, but do you know the right way to do it? Yoga is beneficial only when you practice it correctly. If you have any kind of doubt about Anulom-vilom, we will try to remove it through this article. In this article, we will show how to sequence Anulom-vilom. Also, how Anulom-vilom Pranayama benefits for different problems of the body. Before that, we know what is anulom-vilom pranayama? After that we will talk about how to do Anulom-Vilom.
What is Anulom Vilom Pranayama
Simply put, anulom-vilom pulse is purification pranayama.
This pranayama is being done since ancient times to clean the nadis. It is said that Indian sages used to practice such yogic practices to keep themselves healthy.
In simple words, anulom-vilom are called Alternate nostril breathing exercises, in which breathing is done through one hole of the nose, stopping the breath, then exhaling from the other hole (1). Know below how to do the reverse antonym.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Benefits
As we mentioned above, the Anulom Vilom Pranayama works to cleanse the pulse, which benefits the body in many ways. Now here we are explaining in detail what physical problems can be got by doing Anulom vilom.
1. Anulom Vilom Pranayama Benefits for Diabetes
The benefits of anulom vilom have been seen for patients with diabetes. As indicated by a logical report, diabetes patients can profit by right nostril breathing ie Surya Bhedana Pranayama. It is additionally a piece of Pranayama.
This can reduce blood sugar levels in the body. Therefore, it is an effective drug exercise against diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes patients can also practice anulom-vilom five to ten minutes daily.
2. Cardiovascular Health
Anulom vilom also has advantages for avoiding heart diseases. Pranayama or breathing activity attempts to control the breath just as the pulse and changes in it.
Anulom inverse pranayama is also beneficial for heart patients because it works to increase the capacity of the heart.
3. Anulom Vilom Pranayama Benefits for Arthritis
Anulom Vilom Pranayama is also effective in diseases like arthritis associated with bone.
There is unbearable pain in the joints when there is arthritis. According to a report, heart disease is also behind the cause of Arthritis.
Anulom-vilom can help you here. It is an effective pranayama, which controls heart rate as well as enhances the capacity of the heart.
Keep in mind that apart from heart disease, diabetes and obesity can also cause arthritis.
In this way, Anulom vilom Yoga can also help you. Anulom-Vilom Pranayama can relieve diabetes and control the amount of fat in the body.
4. Anulom Vilom Pranayama for Curing Migraine
The benefits of anulom inverse can also be seen for migraine. This is a type of headache that can bother you throughout the day.
People suffering from migraines have unbearable pain in the entire head or half of the head. Migraine can be a cause of depression and anxiety .
Here Anulom-vilom Pranayama can help you. According to scientific studies, breathing exercise can relieve depression and anxiety , thereby controlling migraine.
One work of Anulom vilom Yoga is also to increase concentration. In particular, students can practice this special breathing exercise to strengthen their concentration power.
Anulom-inverse pranayama can control the nervous system as well as improve neuronal activities of the brain, which may help to increase concentration.
6. Anulom Vilom Pranayama for Weight Loss
Anulom inverse yoga can also be done to control weight. This breathing exercise works by controlling the amount of fat or fat in the body, so that the weight can be easily controlled.
7. Anulom Vilom Pranayama for Constipation
The benefits of anulom inverse can also be seen for stomach problems like constipation.
As you know, anulom-vilom is a pulse-purification process. According to scientific research, pulse resection can work to relieve constipation.
You can take advantage of this pranayama only if you do it properly, so take the guidance of an experienced yoga instructor.
The benefits of anulom vilom also include detoxing the body. Sometimes carelessness taken in eating and drinking causes poisoning in the body.
You can practice Anulom Vilom Pranayama to keep the body away from the virus or detox.
According to Maharishi Patanjali, Pranayam not only works to detox the body, but also plays its role in strengthening the body’s immunity.
9. Keeps cool
To keep oneself calm, it is very important for the mind and brain to remain calm.
Pranayama is such a yoga process that will work to calm you physically and mentally.
According to scientific studies, regular practice of breathing exercise works to keep you away from anxiety and depression.
It also works to increase brain function. You can also do Anulom-Vilom Pranayam daily to remain stress free .
10. Blood circulation
The benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama can be seen to control blood circulation in the body.
Regular practice of anulom-vilom can reduce systolic blood pressure (SBP) and diastolic blood pressure (DBP).
11. Skin Brightness
Anulom Vilom are also beneficial for the skin. As we mentioned above, anulom inverse yoga is a vascular purification activity that works to detox the body completely, which can also benefit the skin.
There is still a need for further research on how Pranayama works to enhance the glow of the skin.
After knowing the benefits of Anulom vilom, let’s now know some more tips related to it.
Anulom Vilom Pranayama Steps
First of all, you have to choose a certain time of day. Morning is considered an ideal time to practice yoga. Anulom-vilom will work to keep you healthy in a more effective way amidst the fresh air of morning.
If you wish, you can practice this pranayama even in the evening. Now know the serialized way to anulom vilom pranayama.
- Choose a clean place and place a yoga mat there. Keep in mind that for the anulom-vilom, only the thumb of the right hand and the middle finger of the right hand will be used.
- Now you have to sit in the posture of Padmasana, that is, put the left toe on your right thigh and the right toe on the left thigh.
- Those who cannot sit in the posture of Padmasana, they can sit in the Sukhasana posture.
- At the same time, those who are difficult to sit on the ground, they can sit on the chair.
- Keep your waist straight and close both your eyes.
- Take a long deep breath and release slowly. After this, try to concentrate yourself.
- After this, close your right nostril with the thumb of your right hand and take a deep breath slowly from the left nostril.
- Do not force breathing, take as deep a breath as you can.
- Presently close the left nostril with the center finger of the correct hand and gradually breathe out, expelling the thumb from the correct nostril.
- Take a breath of a few seconds and take a deep breath from the right nostril.
- Presently close the correct nostril with the correct thumb and evacuate the center finger of the correct hand from the left nostril and breathe out gradually.
- Thus a cycle of anulom-vilom pranayama will be completed. You can do five to such ten cycles at a time.
- You can do this process for about 10 minutes every day.
Other Tips for Anulom Vilom Pranayama
After knowing the benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama and how to do Anulom vilom Pranayama, know the following precautions to be taken while doing Anulom-Vilom.
- Anulom vilom are more beneficial before eight in the morning than in the evening.
- If this is your first time doing anulom-vilom, then do this exercise under the supervision of a yoga instructor.
- To get more benefit of Anulom- vilom, keep an eye on food.
- It must be ensured that the steps of doing the opposite are correct.
- Serious heart patients, blood pressure patients and pregnant women should proceed to this practice only on medical consultation.
Hope you have cleared all doubts about Anulom-Vilom. To get the benefits of Anulom Vilom Pranayama, follow the methods mentioned in the article.
For the first time, people who do this exercise may have a little trouble, but you keep trying.
For the prevention of the problems mentioned in the article, you should take this vascular purification pranayama as a treatment.
For suggestions and questions related to Anulom-vilom, you can contact us through the comment box below.