Bhramari Pranayama is also known as Humming Bee Breath. This pranayama can prove to be very effective for you. Whoever has stress, depression, irritability, anger, or anxiety, then this asana can prove to be very beneficial for you.
Because this asana is capable of keeping the brain calm. The practice of Bhramari Pranayama reduces stress, depression, irritability, anger, and anxiety. It is a simple process that can be done anywhere, at home or office. This pranayama is the best option to be free from anxiety or despair(1).
While doing this pranayama, it feels like a bee is humming, which looks like a bee even after hearing and seeing it.So today we will know in detail in this article what is Bhramari Pranayama, Benefits of Bhramari Pranayama, Steps and Precautions.
What Is Bhramari Pranayama?
Bhramari Pranayama is made up of two words, Bhramari + Pranayam.
Bhramari means black bee of Indian origin and pranayama means the process of breathing and exhaling. Bhramari pranayama is such a technique of breathing in which such a sound comes out as if a bee is lukewarm.
Actually, Bhramari means bee, so in the Hindi language, it is called Bhramari pranayama, and in the English language humming by breath.
It is a simple technique that can be done anywhere, anytime, and under any circumstances. This pranayama is very helpful in immediately calming the mind, freeing anger and frustration, and keeping anger at bay.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama
See, the way to do Bhramari Pranayam is very easy, just you have to keep in mind our given things and you will see that you have learned to do Bhramari Pranayam very easily.
We are explaining here in detail how to do Bhramari Pranayama, so please read the article carefully.
So let’s know the method of doing Bhramari Pranayama (Bhramari Pranayama Steps)
- First, choose a clean and quiet place.
- Then use a mat or yoga mat to sit down.
- You can sit in the position of Padmasana or lotus posture.
- Normalize the breath, calming the mind.
- Now close both your ears with the thumb of both hands.
- Then place the first finger of both hands on the forehead and the remaining finger on the eyes.
- Now take a long, deep breath through your nose, then chant Om while keeping your mouth closed.
- When you pronounce Om it will sound like a bee is humming.
- Keep in mind that take a long, deep breath and eventually exhale until you are able to breathe again.
- That is to say, take long deep breaths within 3 to 5 seconds and take 15 to 20 seconds while exhaling. Do this pranayama for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Benefits of Bhramri Pranayam
See, by its regular and continuous practice, you can enjoy its many benefits.
Very few people know that it is helpful in reducing stress, relieving frustration and despair and increasing confidence. There are many benefits of this which we are going to explain below.
So let’s know the Bhramari Pranayama Benefits
- This pranayama relieves anxiety, anger, depression, and irritability.
- It also fixes many problems related to the breath and delivers pure air to the body.
- It is an effective practice for high blood pressure (high BP) patients.
- This increases our concentration power. This pranayama is also very beneficial in enhancing memory.
- This is the best way to calm the mind and the mind.
- This pranayama is very beneficial for sinus patients.
- This pranayama awakens the Kundalini and purifies the soul.
- It is very good pranayama for pregnant women as it helps the baby to be comfortable at the time of delivery.
- With the practice of this pranayama, along with intelligence, memory also develops. It enhances positive thinking in the body.
- Its continuous practice brings vibrancy to the throat and a clear voice.
Bhramari Pranayama Time Duration
- It takes about 3-5 seconds to breathe in and about 15-20 seconds to leave outside with a brunt sound. Bhramari pranayama can be done 5-7 times in about three minutes.
- The new person should do this Pranayama three to five times. Once this pranayama is practiced for some time, a person can do it from eleven to twenty-one times.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
Bhramari Pranayama Precautions
- Before doing this pranayama, you can do Anulom_Vilom pranayama.
- Before performing our Bhramari Pranayama or any other pranayama, keep the stomach empty.
- You can practice Bhramari Pranayama at any time, whether it is morning or evening, provided it should be done on an empty stomach.
- If you want to practice Bhramari Pranayama in the evening time, do not eat anything 3 to 4 hours before.
- If you are struggling with any kind of infection, then this pranayama should not be done.
- If there is any problem while doing this pranayama, then do not do this pranayama.
- Before doing this pranayama, take the advice of a yoga teacher.
There are no contradictions in performing Bhramari Pranayama. Anyone from a child to an old person can learn this pranayama by any yoga instructor. This pranayama ought to be done on an unfilled stomach.
Although yoga is very beneficial for the body and mind. It will be very beneficial to practice yoga asanas under the supervision of a trainer. If there is any physical or mental defect, it will be beneficial to do medical advice and under the supervision of the instructor.