Bhramari Pranayama is named after a bee named Bhramari because, in this pranayama, the sound of exhaling sounds as if it is the sound of a bee.
This pranayama is very capable of calming a person’s mind. By practicing this Pranayama, you will definitely get relief from anger, anxiety, and disappointment.
You can do this anywhere – whether at home or office or in any garden. Further in this article, know how to do Bhramari Pranayama benefits, and what precautions should be taken while doing this asana. Also, in this article, we have given a video of Bhramari Pranayama.
How to do Bhramari Pranayama
- Sit upright in a cool, well-ventilated corner and close your eyes and keep a light smile on your face.
- Keep your eyes closed for some time and see the inner peace.
- Close both ears with the thumbs of both hands. Close your eyes. Place the middle finger and ring finger on the eyelids and the index finger above the eyelids.
- Fill deep breath in your nose and keep your mouth closed.
- Now with the mouth closed, make the voice of ॐ hmmmmm… from the throat in the voice below. Slowly the whole breath will come out.
- Keep breathing time for about 3-5 seconds and exhale time for 15-20 seconds.
- Try to make the voice melodious and that the voice be consistent.
- Experience the sound wave in your brain. You will feel tremors in the upper parts of the neck, especially in the head, jaw, cheeks and ears.
- You will see that the sound of ॐ hmmmmmm… that you hear resonates properly in the entire head which has a good effect on the brain. Keep your attention in the midst of the indulgences.
Benefits of Bhramri Pranayam
- Bhramari Pranayama is very beneficial in removing fear, anxiety, sleeplessness, anger, and all other mental disorders.
- It is very beneficial for headaches, migraine, and sinusitis sufferers.
- With this Pranayama, thinking becomes positive and intelligence develops.
- If a person suffering from Thyroid does Bhramari Pranayama by applying his Jalandhar bandha (chin to the throat), then he gets the immense benefit.
- If there is a problem of blood coagulation in the brain of a person, then the regular practice of this pranayama gives benefit in the condition.
- Bhramari pranayama keeps the brain happy and calm.
- By practicing this Pranayama for a long time, the person’s voice eliminates the associated disorders and the voice becomes melodious.
- It relieves tension and nervousness.
- It plays an important role in reducing anger.
- This pranayama plays a very important role in reducing anxiety.
- It is very beneficial in reducing depression.
- This pranayama reduces lust.
- It realizes consciousness and gives the practice of samadhi.
Bhramari Pranayama Time Duration
- It takes about 3-5 seconds to breathe in and about 15-20 seconds to leave outside with a brunt sound. Bhramari pranayama can be done 5-7 times in about three minutes.
- The new person should do this Pranayama three to five times. Once this pranayama is practiced for some time, a person can do it from eleven to twenty-one times.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
Bhramari Pranayama Precautions
- Initially do not do more than 3 or 5 times.
- If Bhramari pranayama causes cough, headache or dizziness, then seek expert advice.
- It should not be done during ear infections.
- A person suffering from heart disease should do this without Kumbhak.
- Women should not do Bhramari Pranayam during pregnancy and menstruation.
- Always do this pranayama on an empty stomach in the morning and in the open air.
Bhramari Pranayama Video
There are no contradictions in performing Bhramari Pranayama. Anyone from a child to an old person can learn this pranayama by any yoga instructor. This pranayama ought to be done on an unfilled stomach.
Although yoga is very beneficial for body and mind, it is not advisable to try it in lieu of medicine. It will be very beneficial to practice yoga asanas under the supervision of a trainer. If there is any physical or mental defect, it will be beneficial to do medical advice and under the supervision of the instructor.