If you feel physically and mentally exhausted after a day-long run between home and office, then this article is for you. If you want to keep your body and mind calm in a busy routine, then yoga is a good option. At the same time, yoga can also be believed to keep yourself energetic and detoxify the body. In this case, there is nothing better than Kapalbhati Pranayama. In this article, we will tell you the benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama but will also show you how to do Kapalabhati.
What is yoga?
Yoga is a practice practiced since ancient times, which not only relaxes the human body but also calms the mind(1). Many asanas are mentioned in it and Kapalabhati Pranayama is one of them. After reading this article, you will get complete information about Kapalbhati Pranayama.
What is Kapalbhati Pranayama?
Kapalbhati is considered a part of Pranayama. In this, a rapid exhalation process is done, which can cure various diseases.
It would not be wrong to say that Kapalbhati is the way to clean the body from inside.
It is said that by regularly doing kapalabhati, the mind is calm and the person starts to see his / her glow on the forehead (2).
The word kapalabhati is comprised of two Sanskrit words: kapāla signifying ‘skull’, and bhāti signifying ‘sparkling, lighting up’.
It is intended mainly for cleaning the sinuses however as per the Gheranda Samhita magical curative effects.
The Technique of Kapalabhati includes short and solid powerful exhalations and inward breath happens naturally.
By doing Kapalbhati, all the organs of the body are able to function properly and also helps in purifying the blood.
Types of Kapalbhati
There are three types of Kapalabhati Pranayama.
Vatkrama Kapalbhati – In this, a person sitting in a meditative position, draws a breath from the other nasal cavity by closing one nasal cavity with his finger and immediately exhales by closing the nasal cavity on the other side.
Vyutkrama Kapalbhati – In this yoga, a person draws lukewarm water from the nose and removes it from the mouth.
Sheetkarma Kapalbhati – This is the reverse of inverse Kapalbhati. In this, water is taken out of the nose by taking it in the mouth.
How to do Kapalbhati Pranayama – Kapalbhati Steps
Always do Kapalbhati Pranayam in the morning, on the grounds that the air of the morning is quiet and unadulterated.
You will get more profit by this. Remember that before and after Kapalbhati, do not eat anything for a while.
Here we are showing the ways of performing Vatakarma, inverse and cold work Kapalbhati, which are as follows.
1. Vatkrama Kapalbhati
- Before doing Kapalabhati Pranayama, spread a clean and clean yoga mat or any bed sheet to sit on.
- Now sit in any comfortable posture like Padmasana, Sukhasana or Vajrasana. Keep both your hands on your knees.
- Sit in a meditative posture while keeping your spine straight.
- Now forget all the worries of your mind.
- Now take deep long breaths and release slowly. Do this at least twice.
- Then exhale through the nose. When exhaling, pull the paint inward.
- You have to do this continuously. Do not stop in the middle. Also, keep in mind that keep the mouth closed. Neither leave or take breath from him.
- The breath has to be exhaled only through the nose and light breath should be taken from the nose only.
- Doing this 15 to 20 times leads to a round of Kapalbhati Pranayama.
- You can do three rounds like this and then sit for a while in meditation posture and meditate. This will give comfort to your body and mind.
2. Vyutkrama Kapalbhati
- Fill a vessel with tepid water and add a teaspoon of salt to it.
- After this, remain in straight loosened up position and curve forward.
- Then fill the water in the fingers of the hand and pull it from the nose.
- Now take this water out through the mouth.
- Do this process 2-4 times as per your convenience.
- It is necessary to dry the nose thoroughly after performing the entire procedure. Therefore, do Vatakrama Kapalbhati.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
3. Sheetkarma Kapalbhati
- Fill a pot with tepid water and blend one teaspoon of salt in it.
- Now stand straight in a comfortable posture and lean forward slightly.
- After this, take water from the vessel in the anjuli and fill it in the mouth. Keep in mind that water is not to be drunk, but to be pulled out of the nose while pulling upwards.
- You can do this 2-3 times.
- Then dry your nose well. You can dry the nose well by the auspicious cranial process.
Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama
The benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama are many, some of which we depict underneath:
- Blood stream in the body is improved by the way toward extending and breathing out while performing Kapalbhati. This can prevent the body from many diseases.
- Practicing Kapalbhati daily makes one aware of the correct breathing process. This is also important because everyone’s breathing activity is becoming smaller due to busy routines. For this reason, heart related problems may be encountered.
- In Kapalbhati, long breath is filled and released, due to which it becomes easier to keep life healthy.
- In order to keep the body healthy, it is also necessary to take out the toxins that are constantly freezing in it. Kapalbhati Pranayam not only improves blood flow, but also detoxifies the body. Its use can also detoxify your lungs and respiratory system and you will feel fresh.
- Those who have or are at risk of diabetes can benefit from Kapalbhati. Blood sugar level can be kept balanced by doing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
- Increasing weight has become a headache for everyone nowadays. Even after wasting time and money in the gym, the results are not special. In such a situation, yoga can be a good option. You can reduce your weight by incorporating Kapalbhati Pranayama into your lifestyle. At the same time, you have to take special care of your diet as well.
- People are suffering from stomach and digestive problems due to eating more oil and spices and external food. In this case, if Kapalbhati Pranayama is done along with medicines, then these problems can be relieved.
- Kapalbhati is also good for the lungs, thus making the respiratory system healthy.
★ Don’t forget to read them ⬇️⬇️
Kapalbhati for Beginners
- To feel the movements of the abdominal muscles, place your right hand on the abdomen. Keep the stretching of the stomach equal and constant throughout the cycle of pranayama.
- If you experience while practicing Kapalbhati, you are doing it by force. Start practicing it with less force and more awareness.
- For a start, 3 rounds of 20 breaths are sufficient initially.
- After a 1-month exercise, increase to 5 rounds and 10 breaths per week. In this way, at the end of 6 weeks, you will be doing 100 breaths per round, ie 500 Kapalbhati breaths.
Other Tips for Kapalbhati
- Those who are doing yoga just because, start Kapalbhati under the supervision of a specialist.
- Those who have hypertension, epilepsy, heart issue and headache must counsel the specialist once before performing Kapalabhati Pranayama.
- In the event that you are pregnant, it would be ideal if you counsel the specialist once before taking a couple.
- Before and after Kapalbhati, do not eat or drink anything.
- Those who have asthma, they should do Kapalbhati Pranayam carefully.
- Avoid doing kapalbhati even during menstruation.
- People who have problems with blood in their name should not do kapalbhati.
Now you knows the benefits of Kapalbhati pranayama, so make it a part of your daily routine without delay. doing Kapalbhati Pranayam, you will see changes in you in no time.
After to doing Kapalbhati Pranayama, do impart your encounters to us and in the event that you likewise know the benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama, which are not referenced right now, you can impart them to us.