Padmasana is named after the word the Padma, which means lotus flower. If you see any yogi or sage meditating, then he will always see you in Padmasana. It may seem like a simple pose, but the benefits of Padmasana go beyond simple healing.
It is best in all sitting postures. Sitting in Padmasana is very beneficial for your leg and hip muscles and joints.
But not only this, but it has also been said in the mythological texts that if you sit always in Padmasana, then it can also eliminate many of your disorders.
Further in this article, know how to do Padmasana, Padmasana benefits, and what precautions should be taken while doing this asana. Also, in this article, we have given the video of Padmasana.
What is Padmasana Yoga?
Padmasana derives from the Sanskrit word the Padma which means lotus. In this posture, the body looks like a lotus. Therefore, it is also called the lotus pose.
Padmasana is a yoga practice that is said in the scriptures that this asana is capable of giving you happiness and peace, physically, mentally and spiritually.
In this posture, the physical movement methods are greatly reduced and you gradually move towards the spiritual. That is why asana is considered the best yoga practice for meditation.
Padmasana Yoga Benefits
- The posture calms the mind and prevents it from wandering.
- Regular practice of this asana keeps blood pressure under control.
- By doing this, the spine becomes straight, flexible and strong.
- Its practice leads to semen growth.
- The practice of Padmasana increases intelligence and brings stability in the mind.
- People who want to get rid of stress They get benefit by doing this easy.
- If you want to make the neck and spine strong and flexible, then do Padmasana Yoga.
- Those who want to reduce their belly and waist fat, they should practice it regularly.
- Padmasana yoga practice increases memory and thinking power. So students must do these rugs.
- Padmasana yoga To do this, first of all, place a carriage or a pedestal on a flat place.
- Now slowly lower your legs and keep the toes on the thigh of the other leg.
- After this, bend the paws of the second leg and place it on the thigh of the first leg.
- At this time, the soles of your feet should be towards the stomach.
- Keep in mind that the waist and neck are both straight.
- Then keep the keys of both hands on your knees.
- Both of your combs should be equal and straight.
- Now close your eyes and inhale slowly.
- This posture should also be done by changing the feet again.
- People who have trouble keeping both the claws on each other thigh can only put one claw on the thigh.
Precautions for Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
Generally, Padmasana is a very simple asana but if there is any specific disease or discomfort in the body, some precautions should be taken before performing this asana.
If your feet hurt your knees and feel difficulty in bending the knees, do not try to force it.
Most people are not able to place the second leg easily on the thigh of the first leg. Therefore, such people should first practice a half-butterfly pose, followed by Padmasana.
Pregnant women should also avoid performing Padmasana. Apart from this, do not perform this asana if you have severe back and back pain, injury to knees and ankles or if you are a patient of sciatica.
The easier the Padmasana is, the more difficult it is to do it. Therefore, if there is any difficulty, do it under the supervision of a yoga teacher.
People also ask
Q : How long one can sit in Padmasana?
Keep up this situation for whatever length of time that agreeable. The individuals who wish to utilize this posture for reflection ought to sit for at least 20 minutes. Gradually increment it with the goal that your length of contemplation also can increment. Sooner or later the legs may begin to torment.
Q :Who should not do padmasana?
Precautionary measures or constraints on account of Padmasana. On the off chance that you have powerless or harmed knees abstain from doing this stance as it puts heaps of strain on the knees. If you experience the ill effects of sciatica it is desirable over not endeavor this yoga act. For the situation of lower leg injury don’t rehearse this stance.