Yoga is considered to be the most useful for keeping the body healthy and fit. There are many mental benefits of yoga as well. Despite this, few people are interested in yoga, a big reason for this is that some people find the practice of yoga very difficult, so they stay away from yoga. While this is not the case at all, there are some asanas in yoga which are easy to practice and from which you can start yoga. Vajrasana(Thunderbolt Pose) is one of these asanas.
Vajrasana(Thunderbolt Pose) is a simple yoga asana that can be practiced by people of all ages. You can also start yoga with Vajrasana, as well as the benefits of Vajrasana are many. The practice of Vajrasana is considered to be the most beneficial for stomach problems and its regular practice also improves digestion and strengthens the digestive system.
While the benefits of doing Vajrasana are many, the best thing about its practice is that you can practice it at any time of the day. Vajrasana is the only asana of yoga that can be practiced immediately after a meal. By doing this asana after a meal, the food gets digested quickly, due to which the stomach remains healthy and the body also remains fit.
In this article we will learn about the benefits of Vajrasana, the method of Vajrasana or how to do Vajrasana, the precautions in Vajrasana yoga and almost everything related to Vajrasana, so read this article till the end.
What is Vajrasana
Vajrasana is a yogasana performed while sitting. Vajrasana is a combination of two Sanskrit words Vajra and Asana, in which the word “Vajra” means lightning shining in the sky and “Asana” means sitting posture. In English this asana is also known as Diamond Pose. Meditation and Pranayama can also be done sitting in Vajrasana. This is one of the best yoga asanas to keep the body healthy and fit. Next we will learn about the benefits of Vajrasana.
Benefits Of Vajrasana
Vajrasana is one of the best yoga asanas which can be easily practiced by people of all ages. The practice of Vajrasana is very beneficial in terms of health, along with the physical benefits, there are many mental benefits of Vajrasana as well. The benefits of Vajrasana are as follows.
1. Benefits of Vajrasana for Digestive System
Vajrasana is considered very beneficial for making the digestive system strong. To keep the body fit and healthy, it is very important to have a strong digestive system. By doing Vajrasana, food gets digested well, due to which there is no stress on the digestive system and the digestive system remains strong. A weak digestive system can cause many problems in the body. One good thing is that you can practice it even after a meal.
2. Benefits of Vajrasana for Stomach Problems
The benefits of Vajrasana are also good for stomach problems and its regular practice removes problems like stomach gas, acidity, constipation and indigestion. Also, by doing Vajrasana, the stomach is also clearly cleaned in the morning. Many people use various medicines and powders for stomach diseases, which give relief to the stomach for some time, after that stomach diseases start reoccurring. In such a situation, Vajrasana can be a permanent cure for stomach diseases.
3. Makes Pelvic Muscles Stronger
The middle part of both the thighs is called the pelvic part, the pelvic muscles are also strengthened by the practice of Vajrasana. By strengthening the pelvic muscles, it provides relief in problems like urinary diseases, piles, premature ejaculation and sleep disturbances. Although diet is most important to cure these diseases, if Vajrasana is practiced regularly along with a right diet, you can be free from these diseases.
4. Muscles Get Stronger
The benefits of Vajrasana are also good for the muscles of the abdomen, waist, legs, chest and neck. In the beginning, doing Vajrasana can also cause pain in the legs, do not be afraid of this pain and do not stop practicing Vajrasana. The main reason for pain in the feet is the stretching of the muscles, which are beneficial for the feet.
5. Helpful in Back Pain
The benefits of doing Vajrasana for back pain are also good, its regular practice strengthens the muscles of the waist and provides relief in back pain. Complaints of back pain are seen more in those people who work sitting in one place throughout the day, such people must take some time out and practice Vajrasana. People suffering from severe back pain should practice it only under the supervision of a yoga expert(1).
6. Helpful in Digesting Food
One of the benefits of Vajrasana is that it helps in quick digestion of food. This is the only asana that can be practiced even immediately after having a meal. Whenever you feel that you have overeaten or the stomach has become heavy due to food, then you sit in Vajrasana position for 5-7 minutes, you will get relief immediately.
7. Benefits of Vajrasana to Reduce Obesity
To lose weight, you can also include Vajrasana in your routine and practice it in the morning and evening. By doing this asana, digestion power improves, metabolism is fast, abdominal muscles are strong and the stomach is clean, all these things are helpful in reducing obesity. Food is also very important for obesity to work, so pay attention to your diet as well.
8. Helpful in Relieving Stress
Vajrasana is likewise genuinely accommodating in relieving stress. While remaining in Vajrasana, you shut both your eyes, take long breaths and keep your complete consideration on your breath, by doing this your mind will be quiet, stress and uneasiness will be eliminated. Additionally, remaining in Vajrasana, you can likewise do Pranayama which is useful in soothing stress.
How To Do Vajrasana
After knowing the benefits of Vajrasana, it is very important to know the right way to do Vajrasana. The method of doing Vajrasana is as follows –
- To do this asana, lay a mat on a clean place and sit with both your feet in front.
- Now bend your knees and sit on your toes.
- The toes of both the feet should be together
- There should be a little distance between the heels of both the feet.
- Put all your body weight on both feet
- Waist should be straight and chest should be tight
- place both hands on the thighs
- Take long and deep breaths in this state
- You can also keep both your eyes closed if you want.
- Try to sit in this position for at least 5 minutes
- If there is any problem while doing this asana, then do not force any force with the body and come out of the posture immediately.
When to do Vajrasana
You can do Thunderbolt Pose whenever you get time. Thunderbolt Pose is the only asana that you can do even after having a meal. Doing Thunderbolt Pose for 5-10 minutes after eating food helps in digestion and keeps the digestive system healthy. Along with this, you can also start yoga with Vajrasana. The benefits of Vajrasana are priceless, so you must include it in your daily routine.
Who Should not do Vajrasana?
- Those who have further pain in their knees
- Those who have any kind of injury to their feet
- People suffering from severe back pain should practice it only under the supervision of a yoga expert.
How long Should Vajrasana be done?
There is no fixed time to do this asana, you can stay in Vajrasana for 30 seconds to 20 minutes. Beginners can initially stay in Vajrasana for 30 seconds and then gradually increase the time.
When you get used to it, then it can be done for 20 minutes also. There may be some difficulty in doing Vajrasana in the beginning, but once you get used to it, you can do it comfortably for 15-20 days.
Precautions to take while doing Vajrasana
- In the beginning, by doing this asana, there may be some pain in your feet, do not be afraid of this pain, this pain will disappear on its own in a few days with continuous practice.
- Do not force while doing this asana, when you feel any kind of problem, then come out of the posture immediately.
- It is very important to remain calm while doing this asana. Also, while doing Vajrasana, your attention should be focused on one place.
- While doing this asana, one should always take long and deep breaths.
- Wear comfortable clothes while doing this asana.
- You can also do pranayama and meditation in Vajrasana, due to this your two works will be done simultaneously and the body will also get full benefits.
Vajrasana is a great yoga asana and its practice is also very easy. You must practice it by taking some time out in your busy lifestyle. Hope you have liked this article , benefits of Vajrasana and you must have learned a lot from it. You can also read our other articles for similar information related to yoga and lifestyle.