Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) has a very important place in Indian Yoga. Adhomukha Svanasana is considered the most important posture of Ashtanga yoga.
The downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) is mainly composed of 3 words. The first word is ‘Adho‘ which means downward. While the other word is ‘Mukha‘ which means Face. The third word is ‘Svanasana‘ which means Dog Pose.
The Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana) is an essential part of Surya Namaskar and it helps in strengthening the whole body as well as making the muscles flexible.
Downward-facing Dog Pose helps relieve stiffness in the shoulders and increase the spine and keep the legs straight. This asana is viewed as a significant stance in numerous asanas of a yoga pose, so the vast majority practice this yoga present. Let us know about the benefits, methods, and precautions of the downward-facing dog pose.
How to do Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
The downward-facing dog pose looks exactly the same when a dog leans forward. By doing this asana, we have many tremendous benefits, to get it, it is necessary that you practice this asana regularly. The best thing about this asana is that anyone can do this asana very easily.
Step by Step Instructions
- Lie on your stomach on a yoga mat. After this, while stretching the breath, lift the body with your feet and hands and make a table-like shape.
- While exhaling, slowly raise the hips upwards. Keep your elbows and knees tight. Conclude that the body is altered looking like ‘V’.
- During the act of this asana, the shoulders and hands stay in an orderly fashion. While the feet will remain in line with the hips. Keep in mind that your ankles will be outward.
- Now press the hands down towards the ground and try to pull the neck longer. Keep your ears touching the inner part of your hands and try to focus your eyes on the navel.
- Stop in this position for a few seconds and after that kneel on the ground and come back again in a table-like position.
Benefits of Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- Relieves headache, insomnia, back pain, and fatigue.
- Adds mucus, legs, and legs, strengthening the arms.
- Stretches the shoulders, hamstrings, calves, and arms.
- The lower mouth bronchial tract stimulates the abdominal organs and improves digestion.
- Activates the body.
- Calms the brain and helps to relieve stress and mild depression. Lower mucosa.
- The lower mouth broncho sphere helps to relieve the symptoms of menopause.
- There are medications for high BP, asthma, flat feet, sciatica, sinus.
Similar Poses To Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
There are some other asanas like Downward-facing Dog Pose which are practiced every day, like Adho Mukha Svanasana, and these asanas are also beneficial in keeping the health and removing many disorders from the body.
Downward Facing Dog Pose By doing these asanas along with drooping bronchitis, its effect is increased and all these asanas are helpful in strengthening the muscles.
Things to keep in mind before doing Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
- The downward-facing dog should be practiced in the morning. However, on the off chance that you are doing this asana at night, at that point, it is significant that you have eaten food in any event 4 to 6 hours prior.
- It is also important to make sure that you have crapped before doing these yoga poses and the stomach is completely unfilled.
Precautions of Downward-facing Dog Pose (Adho Mukha Svanasana)
Although Downward-facing Dog Pose is a very beneficial yoga posture, some precautions should be taken while practicing this asana, otherwise it may cause harm.
Before doing this asana, take these precautions-
- If you have any kind of issue with your wrist, take care while doing this asana, otherwise, the circumstance can be serious.
- While doing this asana, if you feel that there is too much bodyweight on the hands, then try to move it towards the hips, otherwise, the hands may cause pain.
- If there is an injury in the back, waist, shoulders, and arms, try not to do this asana.
- Pregnant women should avoid doing this asana during pregnancy or simply subsequent to counseling a doctor.
- If a person is suffering from severe carpal tunnel syndrome, then he should avoid undergoing hypersensitivity.
- Try not to rehearse this yoga present in the event that you have hypertension issues, eye disease, ear infection.
- If you have diarrhea or any kind of problem in the retina of the eyes, then this asana should be avoided.