You must be aware of how beneficial yoga is for physical and mental health. Along with this, it is also important to know that yoga is not only a kriya, but it is also a group of many yoga asanas. Each of its asanas has a different specialty. One such yogasana is Jalandhara Bandha. The practice of this asana is believed to help prevent many physical problems. This is the reason why in this article we are telling about Jalandhara Bandha Yoga. Here we will also tell in detail about the benefits of Jalandhara Bandha Yoga, how to do it, and the precautions related to it.
What is Jalandhara Bandha?
Jalandhara Bandha is a yoga posture, which is known in English as Chin or Throat Lock. If you understand the meaning of Jalandhar here, then it is made up of two words. “Jal” means “Net”, net of Nadis (energy channels), and the word “Dhar” means to stop or to hold the flow of the fluid (Amrut), flowing through the Nadis. At the same time, bandha means to stop or to tighten. It helps the yogi to control the various organs and nerves of the body. There are many types of Bandha Mudras. At the same time, in Jalandhara bandha, the bandha is done by contracting the neck and applying pressure through the chin.
Benefits of Jalandhara Bandha
After knowing Jalandhara Bandha Yoga, here we are telling about the benefits of Jalandhara Bandha, which are as follows:
1.Improve Thyroid Function
A thyroid problem occurs when the thyroid gland present in the neck produces more or less hormones(1). At the same time, Jalandhara Bandha Yoga can help in relieving it to a great extent. In fact, research mentions that while doing Jalandhara Bandha yoga, the muscles of the throat are stimulated, which can improve thyroid function. Apart from this, it can also help in maintaining mental health by relieving anxiety, anger, and stress (3). On this basis, Jalandhara Bandha Yoga can be considered beneficial in controlling the problem of the thyroid.
2.To Improve Blood Circulation
It has already been mentioned in the article that Jalandhara Bandha Yoga can help in improving blood circulation in the body. Let us tell you that in order to stay healthy, it is very important to have proper blood circulation in the body. It works to deliver oxygen and nutrients to all the cells of the body. In addition, it can also be helpful in preventing heart disease. Looking at the benefits of Jalandhara Bandha Yoga, it can be included in the routine regularly.
3.Strengthen the Spine
Jalandhara Bandha Yoga can be beneficial in strengthening the spine. This is confirmed in research. Research has believed that Jalandhara Bandha Yoga can work to strengthen the spinal cord by accelerating blood circulation in the body.
4.For Throat Problems
Jalandhar yoga is also considered better for getting relief from problems related to the throat. By doing this regularly, problems related to the throat like swelling in the throat, mucus in the throat, the problem of tonsils, etc. can be relieved. Also, Jalandhara yoga can be beneficial in improving the voice.
5.For the Hip Muscles
Jalandhara bandha yoga stretches the hip, due to which it can prove to be helpful in improving posture as well as making the hip muscles flexible. Apart from this, if this yoga is done properly, it can also help in calming the mind.
Also Read ⬇️⬇️
Steps to do Jalandhara Bandha
- To do this, sit in Sukhasana, Vajrasana, Padmasana or Siddhasana / Siddhayoni posture in which you can sit comfortably.
- Keep your head and spine straight.
- Both knees should be close to the ground.
- Place the palms on the knees.
- Now close the eyes and relax the whole body.
- Hold the breath inside by taking slow and deep breaths.
- Now while holding the breath in, tilt the head in front and press the chest firmly with the chin.
- Straighten both the arms and keep them firmly in this position while pressing the knees with the hands.
- Simultaneously lift the shoulders and tilt them towards the front.
- By doing this, the arms will remain frozen in their place and the pressure on the neck will increase.
- Stay in the last position as long as it is possible to hold the breath comfortably.
- Don’t stress too much.
- Now relax both shoulders
- Bend the arms and slowly loosen the bandha.
- Raise the head up and then exhale.
- It was a cycle. When breathing becomes normal, repeat this exercise again.
- Those who cannot do Jalandhara Bandha sitting, they can also do it while standing.
Precautions for Jalandhara Bandha
- If there is any kind of injury in the neck, then do not do this yoga asana.
- Patients with cervical spondylosis (problem related to the cervical spine located in the neck) and vertigo patients (vertigo – dizziness or dizziness) should not do this asana. is advised.
- People suffering from high blood pressure or heart disease are not advised to do this asana.
- This asana should not be done in case of breathing problems.
- If you feel dizzy, do not do this asana.
- People doing this asana for the first time should do it only under the supervision of an expert.
- Consult a specialist if there is pain in the back, fast heartbeat etc. while doing the asana.
- Yogasanas of any kind should not be forced. If you do yoga according to your ability, then it will be better.
- Yoga should always be done in the right posture and with the right information.
In this article, you learned about Jalandhara Bandha Yoga in detail. After knowing the benefits of Jalandhara Bandha Yoga, if you are thinking of doing this asana, then read carefully the method and precautions mentioned in the article. By doing Jalandhara Bandha Yoga, some problems can be relieved to a great extent, but do not consider it a complete cure for any problem. The complete treatment of any disease depends only on medical consultation. Along with this, keep in mind one thing that the benefit of any yoga will be there only if you do it regularly. Hope the information given in the article will prove beneficial for you.
- Paschimottanasana Benefits Steps and Precautions
- Baddha Padmasana (Bound Lotus Pose) Steps and Benefits
- Halasana (plow pose) Benefits, Steps, and Precautions
- Padmasana Benefits, Steps, and Precautions